Wednesday 23 November 2011

Roasted (Veggies) Ratatouille Pasta: Living Leaner #2

I hadn’t ever tasted Ratatouille until I watched the Disney movie with the same name. I tried the dish in a posh restaurant in Pondy (India) but the magic wasn’t there. My questions still remained unanswered! Why does a snobbish food critic get converted into a fan after tasting this dish? Did the dish actually deserve its pivotal part in the climax?
There was only one way to answer these questions - go back to the movie...seriously...watch it again, look for clues. And I finally found the clue; Anton loved the dish because it was a staple dish made by his mother. It took him back to his childhood memories. So instead of trying it in any posh restaurant, I decided to make it at home. The walls fell apart and I fell in love... in love with Ratatouille, my fallback comfort food!
Image:Wikipedia
Super-easy-to-make classic french provençal vegetable dish,with roasted vegetables and well under a fiver for two. This can be served with rice or pasta.



1 comment:

  1. O that looks so delicious Arti! I love that movie too by the way although ratatouille is sofar still on my undecided list but I might just give this a go anyway as it looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete