Wednesday 1 February 2012

Hummus with Tahini & Sumac(ḥummuṣ bi ṭaḥīna)


If there is one thing I always have in my fridge.. its Hummus. Its my back up option if I have no time to cook. Just some toasted pitta, and hummus will do for me. I dint believe my hummus was good until my friend's 9month old tried it and loved it to bits. I make jars of it for the kiddo and mum. It's that good and I seriously think its a crime to buy it. I mean just how difficult can it be to just whizz up 4 ingredients? So here's the basic recipe which is very forgiving. I would recommend using about 450gms dry chikpeas, soaked overnight to yield 750g and then boil with plenty of water. Drain all the water before making the hummus. But if life's too short to boil chikpeas use canned ones but drain & rinse them.
Sumac



No comments:

Post a Comment